Sunday 30 December 2012

Another year over

So today is the last day of 2012. Many reflect on the year while making plans for the new.
I'm not sure how I feel 2012 was for me personally. There have been good times along with bad but I'm thankful that its not been horrendous and that I'll be going into 2013 with all who I love.
This year my health seems to have dominated my days and thoughts from tooth trouble to head trouble and my bipolar.
I started the year on a particular low which wasn't able to be managed with my normal medication which is when I ended up spending nearly 3 weeks in a phsyciatric unit. I left there with new friendships made and a brighter outlook. Going in there when I did saved my life without a doubt and I'm grateful to my friends, family and the staff that look after me with ongoing care, input and support.
Once all seemed to be getting back on track I started struggling with headaches and awful vision. After emergency ct scans, lumbar punctures and eye clinic appointments I was diagnosed with idiopathic intracranial hypertension which was too much pressure in my brain. More medication added to my daily doses was introduced to control this which has helped a lot.
My final health issue of this year has been my teeth. I obviously couldn't possibly have a year with no tooth problems so my mouth caused me pain and a cyst in my jaw to end the year!!
On positive notes however my three wonderfully beautiful children have all had a happy healthy year with only colds and coughs hitting any of them. Reggie has seen his first birthday, Georgina has started primary school and Ethan has continued to grow into a lovely kind little man. I couldn't be a prouder mummy and my wish for 2013 is to continue watching my babies growing and blossoming into wonderful little people.
2013 is an incredible year for Darren and myself as in march we will have been together 10 years. We're both proud of what we have been through together, how we have supported one another and how we still manage to be best friends and stronger than ever.
All in all I'm a very lucky lucky lady who can't grumble at anything about 2012. If we can make it another year with us all staying happy and healthy with a house full of love I couldn't possibly ask for any more!!
Here's to wishing everybody a happy, healthy, wealthy 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment